Event:Call for Artists - Member Show
Date:June 23rd, 2019, including 6/25/2019 5:00 - 7:00pm.
Time:1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Location:Windsor Art Center
Contact:Susan Kiss 860-292-0076
Details:Windsor Art Center’s 5th annual Member’s show celebrates the range, interests, and talents of artist members of all ages working across all subjects, styles and media in art. Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the artistic activities of the Windsor Art Center and or wishes to support the non- profit organizations mission. Those interested in exhibiting or participating in other activities can join or renew their membership online at Windsorartscenter.org
Awards given include: Best in Show—Honorable Mention—Kids Award.
Juror: Sophia Gevas, Education Outreach Director, Silvermine Arts Center, New Canaan, CT. Past Director of The Gallery of Contemporary Art at Scared Heart, Fairfield, CT.
Art Receiving: Sunday, June 23, 1-3pm OR Thursday, June 27, 5-7pm
Art Retrieval: Sunday, August 4, 11am – 1pm
Several events/workshops will complement the exhibition.
• Exhibition opens with a FREE public reception: Meet the artist’s- Saturday, July 13th, 2019 from 5:00 – 7:00pm
• Artists Among Us-Mini artist talks – Join us to hear the artists in our community talk about their works, process, subject matter, and more. Invited WAC members Katherine Tolve, Andre Rochester, Lenny Hellerman, and Lucy Sander Sceery will speak; followed by questions and conversation. Light refreshments will be available. Saturday July 20th, 2:00-3:00 p.m. All ages welcome! FREE.
How to Submit Please read this Prospectus thoroughly.
• Must be a current member of Windsor Art Center to submit work; may renew or start a membership at Receiving, during Regular Gallery Hours or online: www.windsorartcenter.org
• All works must be hand delivered on the designated dates and times to Windsor Art Center, 40 Mechanic Street, Windsor, CT
• Members may submit 2 works (properly prepared** with ID Tags attached – one on the front and one on the back); at least 1 work will be hung/installed (dependent on number of submissions received). Windsor Art Center reserves the right to exclude any work of art it deems inappropriate (including, but not limited to: content, size, weight, execution or preparation).
• Submit a completed and signed Artist Contract • Work must be original, created without supervision, have been completed within the past 5 years and not have been previously exhibited at WAC.
• All works must be for sale (no NFS or POR). Exhibitors age 17 and younger are excluded from this requirement.
• Member determines retail price and provides insurance value; WAC will retain 30% commission on all works sold during exhibition or as a result of its being seen in this exhibition.
• Works must remain on view throughout the entirety of the exhibition (no early removals).
• Purchased work may be picked up on retrieval dates/times with a valid WAC receipt.
• Unsold works must be removed promptly on designated retrieval dates/times (Other dates/times may be arranged in advance; artist may also designate an alternate person to retrieve their work. A valid photo ID may be required). • Any items left at the gallery after retrieval dates/times become the property of WAC and will be disposed of at the discretion of WAC.
**All two-dimensional work must be ready to hang/install (matted, framed, glazed) with d-rings (preferred) or properly installed wire: no clips or saw-tooth hardware or the like can be accepted. All paintings on stretcher bars or panels must include d-rings (preferred) or wires for installation. All sculpture must be stable and have its own pedestal/base on which it is to be displayed and be light enough for 2 people to handle.
Please retain a copy of this Prospectus. Please direct any questions or comments to Susan, 2019 Members’ Exhibition Lead Co-ordinator Email: email@example.com VM/Text: 860-292-0076
This exhibition is made possible in part by The Hartford, Travelers, Hartford Hospital, Dan J. & Alice Ford Ferraina and other individuals, businesses, & organizations in our community.
Located in Windsor, Connecticut, the Windsor Art Center is a nonprofit organization that promotes the visual and performing arts and presents visual art exhibits showcasing the works of a variety of artists working in diverse media and genres and hailing from throughout New England and beyond. Artist “talks” and children’s activities complete the annual programming. There is no charge to visit the gallery or the on-site gift shop which features locally made art. Parking is free and easily accessible. For more information on scheduled programs and exhibits, membership, and performing or exhibiting in the gallery, visit www.windsorartcenter.org
For more information, please call 860-688-2526 or visit www.Windsor Art Center.org.