Volunteer Opportunity - If you are interested in being a member of the Ambassadors (formerly the Membership Committee) please call Jane Garibay at 860-688-5165.
The purpose of the Ambassadors is to serve as the viable and visible "goodwill arm" of the Chamber.
POSITION DESCRIPTION:The Ambassadors shall Welcome and mentor new businesses and professionals
1. Interview the new member and understand their Chamber needs
2. Stay in touch and mentor that new member for the first year
3. Assist in contacts so the new member can join committees, sponsor activities, etc.
4. One year follow up with member to understand the level of satisfaction with the Chamber
5. Attend Business After Hours and Open House Events
6. Recruit new members
7. Plan and host May Membership Meeting
TIME COMMITMENT:Varies. There is a one year minimum time commitment. The Ambassadors meet on a monthly basis (2nd Thursday of the month from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.). You must attend six out of 12 monthly committee meetings per year. Member and potential member calls are done at the convenience of the volunteer. Ribbon cuttings, events, etc, vary in length, frequency and date commitment.