See photos from past Business After Hours.
Chamber members and their guests arrive around 5:30 PM and network over hors d'oeuvres. A Chamber representative then calls the event to order and attendees introduce themselves and briefly describe their business affiliation. The hosts offer a presentation about their business and guests tour the facility if appropriate. Winning raffle tickets are drawn and the networking continues till 7:00 PM or so.
Benefits of Hosting an After Hours
- Exposure: Get 20 - 60 people through your doors
- Free publicity: Announcements go out to the newspapers and various online calendars as well as through the Chamber News email newsletter, the Chamber online calendar, the Metro Hartford online events calendar, etc.
Business After Hours are generally held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month September to November and January to June.
As the host, you provide food and beverages (connecting with another Chamber member for catering is a good idea) and raffle prizes.
1. Send out flyers to our members and other Chambers
2. Press release
3. PR on Chamber website, Facebook and e-News
4. Name tags, RSVP list, raffle tickets
5. 2 Raffle items
1. Food and drink for attendees
2. Welcome speech
3. 2 Raffle items
4. Tour of the facility (optional)
Fill out the form below to request consideration to host a Business After Hours at your location. For more information, contact a member of the Programs Committee.
A Business After Hours is a great way to familiarize more people with your establishment. The Programs Committee can help you plan the event if you wish.
Sign up early as dates fill up very quickly.
|Request a Business After Hours at Your Location|